Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bowling, November 7, 2009 (continuous improvement)

Today I got my best scores in bowling yet, and my scores were 112, 107, and 121 (my all time best score).

What I did this week was make sure I used the same ball every time for consistency, which was something I did not think to do in other weeks. I also made sure to bowl slowly and carefully and follow through every single time, and learn to stand in a certain place so that way I could send the ball right at the pins I wanted to knock down, rather than always standing in the middle and trying to aim that way. I am good at sending the ball in a straight path, so I used this to my advantage today when trying to knock down one pin in the corner - I am now able to do this WITHOUT sending the ball into the gutter.

I have not had any of the problems I had in past weeks and by now it's definitely a habit to release the ball correctly and not flick my wrist, and I also have become more confident in my abilities and less worried about what the people around me will think. I'm also adapting well to the fact that they put me with a different group of kids every week, and I don't let this make me nervous or intimidated.

My goal for next week is to try and raise my scores even more, and try and beat my highest score of 121. I also still would like to learn how to make the ball curve, but I have several weeks ahead of me to learn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment