Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Prom Committee update, November 12, 2009

I was thrilled to see the number of tag sale donations brought in, they were piling up and there were MANY more items than I had initially expected! I was also excited because the tag sale was my idea and it looks to be having a successful start, but I also keep in mind that if I want the outcome to be successful and I want to sell a lot of the items and make a decent amount of money to contribute to prom, there is a lot more work that needs to be done, by me with some help from others as well.

There are more items that were brought in since lunch today, after the large majority of the donated items had been moved to the basement, so I volunteered to help move the remaining items down to the basement during break tomorrow, and I think I can handle it on my own. Next Monday I also agreed to help Mrs. Hyer tag the items according to price, and someone is making a poster that serves as a key so customers will see a certain colored sticker and know that means the item is a specific price, so it is easy to keep track of when choosing items that they want to buy. With a lot of commitment and effort on my part, and with some help, I am sure the tag sale will be successful, and I am excited for it so I can see whether or not my idea and our planning in prom committee for the event as a whole was successful.

I honestly can say I didn't expect that coordinating the tag sale would take as much work as it is, and I didn't even expect people to bring in that many items. I am actually happy that it's more work than expected because I get a sense of accomplishment when I do something well, and this experience is helping me learn how to better cooperate with other people and to incorporate my ideas into others' ideas and vice versa. I also like taking on responsibilities and getting things done, and seeing these ideas pay off in the end for the group as a whole. If there's any way that I can help make next year's prom a good one, I am more than willing to help in any way necessary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment