Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bowling - scores spanned a spectrum from 68 to 101.

Today, my scores in bowling spanned the spectrum, with my best game being 101 and my worst, 68. After each week I sit back and analyze and try to figure out what I did well, what I could have done better, and why I did as well or as badly as I did.

I was very tired when I woke up this morning, around 7. Bowling starts at 8. I stayed up a bit too late last night, until 2 in the morning, when I should have thought, "I have bowling in the morning so I should go to bed early so that I have the energy tomorrow when I need it" (yes, it does require energy to some extent). I was tired when I arrived at the bowling alley and I feel that if I was less tired, I could have been more alert and coordinated, and I would have been able to aim the ball right down the middle of the lane a lot better than I did today, or at specific pins if there were only a few to be knocked down in order so that I'd have gotten a spare. My final game was a 101, and by that time I was much more awake. Now that I have seen first hand what happens when I have too little energy to function at my best, I will be going to bed much earlier on Friday nights from now on.

My average is 89, and two of my scores today, 89 and 101, were therefore average or better, which is good as far as I am concerned. My first game was a 68, which could have been because I was tired, and because usually, my first game each week is my worst. I did get some practice last night, because I went bowling with two of my good friends. I also scored 101 on one of my games last night, and 109 on another, but these don't count for the purpose of this activity since they took place on my own time.

I decided to take this week as a learning experience instead of only seeing that a 68 is lower than the rest of my games. I will make sure I go to bed early enough on Friday nights so that I am awake and alert the next morning. I also want to go bowling again during the week for more practice, which I feel did help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment