Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Monday, January 11, 2010

Average Scores... again (bowling)

This Saturday they were 69 (first game), 101 (second game), and 106 (third game). The first one was not my best, and the other two were relatively average. I calculated the average of these three scores, and it comes to a 92, which is still better than my overall average of 91 by one point, so I see that as evidence that I am at the least, not getting worse.

It would probably have been better if during the two weeks that there was no bowling, I had been able to practice with my friends. The night that I went in the arcade/bowling alley with my friends, there were leagues already occupying all the space so we had to stay in the arcade and didn't have a chance to bowl.

My low score of 69 was a combination of my lack of practice for the several weeks that there was no bowling, and how tired I was when I first woke up in the morning. My goal for myself is to get my average to 100 by the end of the spring, when this activity ends. I went from an 89 to a 91 from November to December, so I think with extra practice I will be able to achieve this goal. I also plan to go on Friday with my friends for some practice, and to get extra sleep that night so I'm less tired in the morning. I have got the technique down, and at this point my success or failure depends on how tired I am and the amount of practice I get. I want to make the surrounding conditions better for myself so that I am awake and alert and able to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment