Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bowling average increased by one point, is now a 93.

My bowling average went up from a 92 to a 93 within the past week, and this week I bowled six games because I will not be able to go next week due to that I'll be in Quebec with the school trip. My scores were 113, 96, 122, 77, 108, 104, and the average score is 103. I am not sure if these will increase my average when factored in, but I think that is a good consistency for scores, and with the past week I have noticed a definite trend in my capabilities.

The majority of the time that I go to bowl, I knock down 8 or 9 pins each time, and the majority of the time, the remaining pins are right in the corner. I usually miss, because I struggle in aiming to get the pins in the corner and my ball ends up rolling right into the gutter, or misses by an inch. If I learn how to aim in this situation, I can improve my scores by a lot because I will get many more spares instead of getting an 8 or a 9 for that frame. Like learning objective number 1 (increase awareness about areas of strength and areas for growth), I have identified the next thing I need to work on, and I plan on talking to Violet, the coordinator, and seeing what tips she has for me. I almost always hit the middle pin every time and I am getting more strikes now than ever before.

I talked to Violet about whether or not she thinks I should start using a heavier ball, and she told me that the heavier the ball, the more control you have over the ball, and you can almost always get it exactly where you want it to go. I didn't want to try using one on Saturday and negatively impact my scores so I decided I'm going to go with a friend one day and practice using a heavier ball and see what I can do with that. This may help me in getting a spare more easily when I have one pin left toward the corner, as I will be able to better control the direction of the ball and prevent it from landing in the gutter. I can say that remaining pins in the middle of the lane, I almost always am able to get spares in that situation.

My interactions with other people are improving as well. Since most of the other kids there are equally as experienced as me or much more so, I have been asking them for advice on what I might be able to do better, and I've found them to be very supportive when I do well. There was this one girl who I was talking to and she told me every now and then that I was doing a good job, and this made me feel much better and like I have improved. I feel like the goals I set for myself each week are just right, and not too high or too low, because each week I look at the one thing that the next week I will work harder to improve, and last week I said I would try and concentrate more so I might get more spares, and I was able to do that for the most part, and I identified this week where I still have gone wrong and what I might be able to do in the future about that.

I have two weeks to prepare and to work on it, so I'll see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment