Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I haven't blogged about Prom Committee for a while,

I decided that I would like to help out as much as I can with the selling of prom tickets in the next month, so I talked to Mrs. Hyer and I am going to give up some lunch periods to sell some of the tickets in school. I want to help in any way I can, and Mrs. Hyer said that the selling of the tickets is largely going to be a result of the efforts of the juniors, since the seniors are going to be busy and won't have much time to help. I want to contribute, which will help me maintain my commitment to Prom Committee as a whole, which is one of my learning objectives, and to also be a working member of the group and to make a difference. I feel as if I haven't lately been giving Prom Committee my full effort, since I'd been shrinking back from being a leader (with the fundraising) to letting everyone else make all the decisions in terms of decorations and food. I mean, I did voice my opinions when given the chance, but I am much more productive at fundraising and selling, than I am at choosing decorations, which had been the topic of discussion for the past few weeks. I would honestly be happy with whatever the rest of the group comes up with, since for me, prom is more about the people that you spend it with and the experience than the decorations, so I am more than happy to voice my opinions but overall I don't mind letting some of the other members have a stronger say. I want to make sure prom happens, and that as many people go as want to, which is another reason I want to run the ticket sale table; I might even try and persuade people to go who are considering not going, because it IS a memorable event, and also, the more tickets sold, the more money will be left over to give back to those who donated to us for our benefit.

1 comment:

  1. let all the single people know that they can find a last-minute prom date on promdatedepot.com --that'll get more people to go!

    ReplyDelete