Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Monday, February 1, 2010

Key Club - should I run for a position?

At this week's meeting, I found out that it's coming time for the Key Club office positions (treasurer, president, vice president, secretary, editor), etc. to be switched up, and we were told to write our names on the board under the position we might want, and next week a ballot will be made so that the rest of the members can vote for who they would like to see in that position. I am aware that all of those positions require A LOT of serious work, and that Key Club is quite official and important and accurate figures and information must be taken, and just about every one of those positions entails that level of responsibility. In addition there is some kind of tutorial/program in the next few months that has workshops to teach people how to correctly fulfill the positions.

I would like to volunteer, however I am not sure what it entails and I am not sure if anyone in Key Club would vote me into the position I want. First, I need to figure out what I want to volunteer for, and I am going to talk to Ms. Vari about each position and see which one I find manageable. I want to volunteer for three reasons; one, so I have some experience as a leader of a group and so I can build my own leadership skills, two because I was told it looks excellent to colleges, and three because I know I am capable of whatever I put my mind to and I do not want to waste opportunities I have to do something good and beneficial, and help the group as a whole. Even if I don't get chosen, I will feel good to know that I put myself out there and took a risk, and that I always have another chance in the future if I'm not chosen.

I will need to think about this further, talk to Hyanna and Ms. Vari, and then I will be able to make the right decision. I talked to my mother and she thinks I should volunteer and look into it more, and I want to, but first I would like to know the responsibilities that I will have and see what is required of me. It's possible I might not even get chosen but if I was to, I'd need to know what I was chosen to do. I still need to decide what I want to volunteer for, so I will give it some thought and post an update here once I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment