Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bowling, October 31, 2009 (More improvement)

I am doing well in bowling, and I think that I have definitely gotten much better these past few weeks. Today my scores were 61, 106, and 98. 106 is the second highest score I have ever gotten, and 98 is my third highest score ever. I would say I am definitely improving and I am proud of myself also for being at almost the same level as some of the other kids that bowl with me, despite the fact that they have much more practice. I still have room for improvement though.

What I did this week was remember what I did last week that got me my best score ever (113). I released the ball slowly and didn't fling it down the lane. The good news is that now, it's no longer a habit or a natural instinct to flick my wrist and send the ball into the gutter! Almost every time that it was my turn today, the ball rolled right down the middle of the lane. My main downfall this week was that sometimes I would knock down every pin except the furthest one on each end, therefore making it impossible to have all of the pins knocked down after my second/last ball, leaving me with 9 pins knocked down. My other problem is if I knocked down every pin but one and the one pin was the furthest on either side, it'd be difficult to get the ball to hit that pin without rolling into the gutter before getting far enough down the lane. Either way, I have definitely improved, and many of the problems I had the first two weeks aren't problems anymore.

The reason I got a 61 the first game today was because I was initially very tired when I arrived at the bowling alley, having woken up exactly an hour before. By the time the first game was over, I was much more awake and able to bowl better, giving me scores of 106 and 98.

So my goals for next week are as follows; try to learn how to knock down the pin closest to the gutter if it is the only remaining pin which would give me a spare (without the ball rolling into the gutter), and to try to roll the ball with a little more force, so that more pins fall down when I bowl.


*Side note, I also missed Prom Committee this week to study with Ms. Singer for an algebra test that took place right after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment