Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Selling Raffle Tickets, October 20, 2009

Today I went to Open Mic Night (I am actually there right now, everyone is performing and everyone who is going to be here is here so I have time), and I sold raffle tickets to raise money for centerpieces. I also handed out the flyers that advertise the tag sale.

I was a little disappointed, as only three sets of parents showed up. However I sold a raffle ticket to all three families, raising $60. I put the money and the stub of the raffle ticket with the contact information in the envelope provided. I handed out tag sale flyers to the same people who bought the tickets from me, so I accomplished as much as I possibly could have given the limited number of adults who showed up.

I am definitely learning how to give my time to do things that do not directly benefit me. My reason for volunteering to sell these raffle tickets is because I knew someone needed to do it, and I thought I should do whatever I can to help raise money for prom.

I was also happy to see that people have been bringing in tag sale items! I plan on bringing in a number of items from home as well, because I planned the tag sale and I want to do whatever I can to ensure that a tag sale does occur! I am learning how to be more responsible, as the money that I am raising by selling the raffle tickets is in my care and it's my job to ensure that people give the right money when buying the ticket, and that they fill out the correct information on the back. I like feeling like I am able to make a difference and be responsible for something that benefits others. I have also worked with others in the process, such as Lauren who was at the table helping me today. I have noticed that prom committee and the volunteer opportunities that come with it are an excellent opportunity to make new friends!

I am going to continue advertising the tag sale, it's in a little more than a month!

1 comment:

  1. Michael:

    This is an excellent journal entry that addresses both of the learning outcomes that you've listed. It is an example of a reflective entry. Great job.

    ReplyDelete