Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Prom Committee, October 15, 2009

Today was another Prom Committee meeting. I volunteered to sell raffle tickets on October 20 at the Open Mic Night, and I also told Mr. Hyer that I will be part of the group that is going to focus on fundraising opportunities, of which there are 4 or 5 other members of prom committee that I will be working with. I am excited, because I enjoy volunteering and I want to do my best to help with the fundraising and contribute to the effort. I am going to admit that I do not like one of the people that also volunteered, but if I have to work with this person I will put my personal feelings aside and work cooperatively with them.

I also have been thinking about what to do to encourage people to bring in tag sale items. I was glad to hear that the office has sent out emails about it to the parents. I don't know if parents will send items in with their kids, but the most I can do at this point to help is to continue thinking of ways to advertize the event, and to gather items from home and from other family members to sell. That way, even if other parents don't have items sent in with their kids, there will still be plenty of items to sell. I have many household items that I don't need and I know my mom has some too, so I will start getting them together soon so they can collect over the next month before they would be sold.

I know that every time I volunteer to help with fundraising opportunities or every time I come up with ideas, I am getting closer to achieving the chosen learning objectives for this activity. I am going to keep in contact with Mrs. Hyer throughout the week so I can see if there is anything going on that I might be able to help with, and I still need to find out the date for the Open Mic Night so I can be sure that I can attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment