Learning Outcomes

1. Increased awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
2. Undertaken new challenges
3. Planned and initiated activities
4. Worked collaboratively with others
5. Shown perseverance and commitment in your activities
6. Engaged with issues of global importance
7. Considered the ethical implications of your actions
8. Developed new skills

Reflective Questions

How did you feel about a particular aspect of the activity?
How did you interact with others?What did you perceive?What did you think about activity?
What did the activity mean to you?
What was the value of the activity?
How did activity benefit others?
How did activity measure up to the the eight learning outcomes?
Were the goals set too low, too high or just right? Why?
If difficulties existed how did you overcome them?
What did you learn from the activity and how might this new knowledge be applied more widely elsewhere in your life? (For example, a change of perspective).
How - specifically - did you interact with others?

Friday, October 9, 2009

Prom Committee, October 8, 2009

I went to the meeting for Prom Committee at lunch. Basically, we discussed different fundraising opportunities and how much money has been made so far, and ways to make additional money. I am going to admit that I was a little bit nervous during the meeting and found it difficult to pay close attention, partly because I had a test in algebra next period and I did not know if I understood the material well enough, even though I had studied for several hours the previous night. 

I was disappointed to hear that no items had yet been brought in for the tag sale. I have put a bit of effort into organizing the event and advertising it, but I am going to continue to advertise it, and even bring in some items from my own house to sell. Even if not a lot of items are brought in, I still will feel good to know that I did my best to help, and was able to plan something and go through with it. I am not ready to give up though, I am going to continue to commit myself into making the tag sale effective/successful.

I also reviewed with Mr. Hyer, the google spreadsheet that is keeping track of the expenses. As soon as I receive new information about expenses or profits, I will fill in the appropriate information.

I am enjoying Prom Committee, and being an active member, although I am going to continue to volunteer to help in as many ways as I can.

About Key Club, there was no meeting this week.
And tomorrow is bowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment